Public contra dances remain suspended. Tap for more information.
The Houston Area Traditional Dance Society (HATDS) strives to ensure a safe dance environment for all participants and takes reasonable steps to do so. The venues where we hold our events do the same.
These steps include
- limiting the number of participants when necessary;
- posting and enforcing our Code of Conduct (PDF), including denying admission to anyone who violates the Code of Conduct;
- encouraging good social and dance etiquette.
It is impossible to eliminate all risk. By joining HATDS and participating in any HATDS-sponsored event, everyone listed on this membership
- acknowledges that the close contact inherent in contra and English country dancing involves some risk, including the transmission of infectious diseases and physical injury;
- accepts the risks inherent in that event.
Everyone on this membership also agrees to do their part in minimizing risks by, among other actions,
- not attending an event if feeling unwell;
- abiding by our Code of Conduct (PDF).